I am Alex, and less is more.
Every single day, I get out of bed with a passion for helping people be their best selves. A passion for making life easier, more inclusive and frictionless. I do that by growing and serving diverse, empowered teams of passionate humans, rallied around a cause.
Having spent the last 15 years learning how to parse big meaty problems into smaller issues in order to solve them with technology, I’ve honed in on the type of work I love. I write about technology, product development and other things when I do write. With two kids + wife, university and full time work, life always seems to get in the way.
- Valuable - Decision Making, SaaS Web Applications
- Voluntari.ly - Open Source, Social Good
- MINDA Live, Unnamed Digital Platform - Agritech
- bnz.co.nz - Banking, Fintech
- Healthlink - Healthcare, Distributed Messaging Systems, Developer Experience
- Morepork.nz - eCommerce, Security
- Bigpipe - ISP / Telco
DevOps Days Wellington - Health is hard // Slides
Summer of Tech Bootcamp - DevOps: The Good Parts
Junior Dev Meetup - Deliberate, Continuous Career Progression
- Full Stack Day Auckland - The Role of a Software Developer